Meeting of Eurasian Patent Attorneys
An annual meeting of the eurasian patent attorneys confined to the third anniversary of the International Day of Intellectual property was held in Moscow on April 25th, 2003.
The meeting was held in the headquarters of the Eurasian patent organization under the auspices of Mr. A.N. Grigoriev - vice-president of the Eurasian patent organization, the chairman of the EAPO qualification commission.
The meeting was attended by 37 eurasian patent attorneys from Moscow, Saint-Petersburg and Minsk, as well as by the EAPO experts.
Leading EAPO experts have delivered reports on the following items:
- - Director of Examination division Mr. Victor B. Taliansky: "Regulations for preparing, filing and examining eurasian applications as means for upgrading the procedure of examination of eurasian applications".
- - Director, Registry of Eurasian patents Department Mr. Nureddin Baberli: "Procedure of forming payment documents for paying annual fees".
- - Director, Search & Information Systems Department Mr. Petr I. Dzegelenok: "New opportunities and prospects of the EAPO Web-portal. The EAPO official issues, regional CD-ROM containing CIS patent information, the EAPO participation in Esp@cenet project".
- - Director of Automation Department Mr. Saparbay A. Eminov: "Creation prerequisites for interacting with patent attorneys in the Internet (upgrading an electronic register of eurasian patents, personal access to the EAPO managing system and electronic payments)".
- - Director of Dataware Department Mr.Vladimir Sirotyuk: "Use and improvements of the EAPATIS system in the Internet - ideas and prospects".
Besides, the meeting participants have discussed the idea of setting up the Association of the EAPO patent attorneys.
The next EAPO patent attorney meeting is scheduled for April 2004.